I don’t deal with change very well. I hate it! I like to know where I’m going and what I will be doing next. I like to have everything planned out in advance, in lists, ideas and maps. I would absolutely do anything to avoid uncertainty in my life. Yes, I am a ‘Planner’.
This past year I’ve had to deal with a lot of change in my life. I’m sure we could all agree on that change is hard. We would prefer to stay in our comfort zones. The word ‘comfort’ itself gives feelings of security and safety. But, change is unavoidable and is certainly a part of life and even if we try to avoid it, it will still enter our lives.
After going through a lot of change myself, I now believe it to be a good thing. I think once we see the good side to change, we would all be amazed at how much it can benefit us.
Here are five reasons why we should embrace change:
- Change is good because, you grow with it: As you go through the many changes and transitions in life, you learn more about yourself. Not all change will be good, even if the change was a negative experience, the fact the you endured a change, you will still learn a lesson from it. The more you encounter change, the better you will be able to deal with it.
- Change is good, because it offers opportunities: Change can provide you with opportunities that you may have never even thought or dreamed of.
- Change is good, because it pushes you out of your comfort zone: Yes, life in the comfort zone and routine is easy, but it is also boring! I’ve learnt that for whatever you want in life you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone and things have to change.
- Change is good, because you find out who you really are: You learn a lot about yourself. Through change you learn what you can handle and what you can’t. You learn about your strengths and weaknesses. By knowing this it will help you figure out what path you wish to take in life.
- Change is good, because you have more fun: Life would be pretty damn boring if everything stayed the same. By embracing change and being open to saying ‘yes’ more, you are open to more opportunities and experiences. Change will allow you to meet new people and explore different places. Finally, by embracing change I promise you are guaranteeing yourself not just an interesting life but a happy one too.
So, how has change proved to be a good thing in your life?